Our mission is to inspire young people to realize their full potential and contribute to their communities.
Our vision for children and youth is that:
- Every child achieves academic success
- Every child is physically active every day
- Every child develops a positive sense of self
Boys & Girls Clubs of North San Mateo County has a clear set of beliefs and values:
- Programs are rooted in youth development practices that facilitate self-confidence and self-esteem, and foster a sense of belonging, usefulness, influence, and competence.
- The Clubs is a safe space that is free of discrimination where children and youth can feel confident to learn new things, bring their whole selves to the Clubs, and be accepted for whoever they are. Racism, homophobia, sexism, and other forms of discrimination will be interrupted in our clubhouses – it is unacceptable at the Clubs.
- The Clubs is a place for “firsts,” where children and youth can try new things, feel successful, are exposed to challenging and diverse learning experiences, build a wide array of skills, and discover their personal talents.
- The Clubs provides opportunities for children and youth that they would not have otherwise.
- Children and youth who participate in organized after school activities are more likely to attend, engage, and stay in school. They also demonstrate higher rates of physical activity and healthy eating, and are less likely to engage in high-risk behaviors.
- We believe that college is for everybody. The Clubs can help provide a path to higher education.
- Regular physical activity and access to healthy nutrition ensure the well-being of children and youth. Eating smart, keeping fit, and forming positive relationships add up to a healthy lifestyle.