The Orange Park Clubhouse, or what is affectionately known as “Orange Park,” is our original clubhouse and home to our admin offices.
This clubhouse has its very own Intel Computer Clubhouse (the ICC!), and a gym that hosts all of our South San Francisco athletic leagues. We make sure our members have great focus on schoolwork each day (including specialized tutoring!), but there’s also Science Club, Art projects, photography, music and rhythmic beat production, a girls-only ICC technology day each week, guitar lessons, jewelry making, etc.! We do tons of fun things for all kinds of interests — when’s the last time you made a Foomi?!
This clubhouse is also known for hosting Monster Bash (our Halloween celebration), as well as our annual Christmas celebration (with Torani sodas all around!), not to mention a million other holidays, fun projects, activities, and programs that our members love (not to mention an awesome staff!).
South San Francisco – Orange Park Clubhouse Program Team
Jill Higa – Site Director – Ext. 19
Sidney Irvine – Intel Computer Clubhouse Director – Ext. 15
Brendan Walsh – Teen Program Director
Gabriella San Diego – Education Coordinator
Samuel Wong – Membership Coordinator – Ext. 22
America Gutierrez – School Transportation
Members of this clubhouse are from schools all over South City (i.e. Los Cerritos Elementary, Ponderosa Elementary, Buri Buri Elementary, Parkway Middle, Westborough Middle, El Camino High, South San Francisco High, etc.)
Local high school students are also welcome as peer mentors and volunteers (please inquire with staff for more information about high school mentors)
Annual membership fee: $30 for one year (September 1st – August 31st)
Monthly afterschool clubhouse fee: $125 per month
Note: School Break Day Camps and Summer Camp fees are in addition to the annual membership fee; they vary by duration and session. Please see staff for more information.
TRANSPORTATION (school to clubhouse)
$75 per month van service from Buri Buri and Ponderosa elementary schools, and Parkway and Westborough middle schools.
(multi-child discount available; please inquire when registering)
$10 per month from Los Cerritos Elementary School (Supervised walk over)
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
2:30PM – 6PM
Wednesday (early school release)
1:30PM – 6PM
NOTE: Hours of operation for School Break Day Camps, Summer Camp, and Athletic Leagues all vary from the hours listed here. Please see the director of those programs for specific hours of operation.
This clubhouse follows the SSFUSD school calendar, which means the Club is open when school is open. Member access varies during School Break Day Camps and Summer Camp dependent upon specific programming; please inquire with staff for more information.
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
- Daily healthy snack (grain, dairy, fruit); inquire with staff for any dietary or allergy concerns
- Power Hour (homework assistance and completion)
- Fitness hour and organized play
- Nutrition Program once per week (all ages), which includes tastings, the “food plate” education, take-home recipes, etc.
- Science Club once per week (all ages)
- Arts & Crafts takes place most days (all ages)
- Special and/or larger scale arts projects weekly (all ages)
- Seasonal and variable activities include programs, such as, guitar lessons (complete all lessons and keep your guitar!), and jewelry making, which are generally once per week.
- Monthly birthday celebrations (acknowledgment of birthdays for the month during member meeting; birthday members receive special treat)
- Monthly “Golden Ticket” drawing (members that performed “good deeds” are entered into a drawing for a special treat and acknowledgment)
INTEL COMPUTER CLUBHOUSE
- Open to 4th grade members and older
- Girls day once per week
- Projects include learning how to use software like: Photoshop, Fruity Loops, Adobe Premiere, Garage Band, Google Sketch and other digital arts software
- Photography Program (lighting, angles, portraits, location shoots, etc.) open to middle school and high school members (includes submissions to national BGCA Image Makers competition)
- Digital Arts Program includes being creative while learning new software, and project submissions to national BGCA competition
- Music studio for middle and high school members to write, create, and explore making music with current equipment and software programs
- Annual Teen Summit (limited number of members eligible)
- Technology (and other) career exploration for middle and high school members
“Monster Bash” Halloween celebration; usually takes place on Halloween night; open to all clubhouse members in SSF and Pacifica; includes family and friends
“Harvest Dinner” Thanksgiving celebration; during clubhouse hours; usually on the last day before school break; includes family and friends
Christmas holiday celebration; during clubhouse hours; usually on the last day before school break; includes family and friends
“Youth of the Year” – members selected by fellow clubhouse members to represent their clubhouse in this local, regional, and national youth recognition program and events
All league participants must also be registered members of the Boys & Girls Clubs of North San Mateo County (separate fees)
Some scholarships and sibling discounts may be available for athletic leagues
Please see “Pacifica Athletic Leagues” and/or “SSF Athletic Leagues” (under the “Clubhouses” tab in navigation above or at bottom of page) for information about how to join athletic leagues offered by Boys & Girls Clubs of North San Mateo County